Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Always A New Day

I awoke this morning with a very simple thought trying to work its way through the pre-caffeinated fog of my brain. The thought was simply this - Today is a brand new day!! WOW!! Powerful!! I know you are falling over with such amazement at the depth of that revelation but allow me to expound just a bit.

You see I cant do anything about yesterday! It is over, finished, done. But I do have the opportunity to do something with this day that I very much a part of right now. Some people spend their lives living with regrets about what they did yesterday. Our past can be so detrimental to the direction of our future. The key is to face each day as if it is your first day for the rest of your life. Face it with purpose, determination and focus. Face it with a clear understanding - This is the day that the Lord has made - I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Enjoy your day

Pastor Darin Sargent

No comments: