Sunday, September 28, 2008

Familiar Sounds

I sit in my office on this Sunday morning hearing the familiar sounds of the praise team as they practice for our upcoming service. It is about 25 minutes till we will enter into the prayer room and there I will hear the familiar sounds of prayer as the saints of God began to call upon the Lord to help us in our services we are having today.

Familiar sounds - sounds I have grown up with - sounds that I am accustomed to. I trust that today during our worship and during our prayer and in our altar, I will hear the sounds of a brand new babe in Christ call out to the Creator of all things. I want to hear the sound of the lost find their way, the sound of an addict receive deliverance, the sound of a blind man see for the first time, the sound of deaf ears being unstopped, the sound of the wounded and broken recognize that He is the restorer of life.

These are the familiar sounds that I have come to love - sounds that I expect to hear each and every time we get together in the House of God. I trust that all over our nation and our world on this Sunday morning these will be the sounds we hear.

Let it rip!!

Pastor Darin Sargent

No comments: