Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God Gave Me the Gift


Yesterday my 5 year old little girl Averie, helped me take out the trash. As we were heading back to the house I asked her if she wanted to race. As any good dad would do, I let her take the lead and acted as if I was not able to catch her. As we were running I shouted out to her - “Wow you are winning! How do you run so fast? ” Through gritted teeth and gasping breath she replied - GOD GAVE ME THE GIFT!!

I came into the house very amused as she confidently declared that the reason she was able to run so quickly was that God gave her the gift. I think that there is a lesson to learn in this story. How often do we go through life defeated by the obstacles that are in front of us, unsure if we can overcome challenges in our life. Maybe we ought to learn from a lesson from a 5 year old little girl who recognized that what she had, in her the ability to outpace her dad, was nothing short of a gift.

Each of us have been gifted by God. We have been gifted to be overcomers. We have been gifted to live abundantly - with purpose and passion. To accept each day and the opportunities that come with that day as gifts from God. You have been gifted - gifted to make an impact and gifted to make a difference in the people that are around you. Take the challenge, recognize where your strength comes from and RUN - run the race that is set before you - take advantage of every moment you have been given because God gave you the gift to do so.

Happy Running!!

Darin Sargent
PS Visit me @ www.darinsargent.com

No comments: