Friday, July 18, 2008

I really am trying!!

I am trying to be a better blogger. I think that I get writers block sometimes and cannot seem to figure out what to write. But I am trying and that should count for something! It reminds me of what I read this morning in the Book of Romans. Paul seems to be having the same issues - not about writing but about life.

He goes on in Chapter 6 how grace is not a license to sin but it is an overcoming force to help you not sin. He makes statements like - "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" God forbid!! Grace is not given for you and I to freely continue to sin, it is given so that we may have power over sin - "how shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"

He discusses this subject for a few verses then in Chapter 7 he begins to discuss the struggle against sin that humanity faces. He opens up a segment of his life for all to see and reveals that - I really am trying to do right, but I find that it is difficult at times. In my mind I know the right thing to do but in my body I do not do it.

Wow what an insight - we all will constantly struggle against the flesh - it is part of human nature. But God gives us the victory through the power of the Spirit. Keep your head up, your knees in the altar, your eyes fixed on Jesus, and your heart open to his way and He will give you the power to overcome.

Just some thoughts - not sure they make sense - but hey I am trying!!
Have a great day

Pastor Darin Sargent

No comments: