Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Hope He Will Never Forget


Yesterday, July 29th, was my son Carson's 12th birthday. I am blessed to have such a great young man to call a son. I wanted to do something special for him, something that he would never forget. To be honest with you this was a tough one for me. I am a big sap when it comes to my kids and milestones in their life.

I decided to take him to Ruth's Chris steakhouse along with his Youth Pastor, David McGovern and our Children's Pastor Mike Gonzales. I read a letter that I had written to Carson then I had each of them speak to my son and it was incredible. I was a wreck emotionally as these two anointed men spoke into my sons life.

I know that this will be a moment that Carson will never forget. The impact that this evening had in his life will forever be etched in his mind and mine. Children are a gift from God. I am thankful God gave me such a great gift.

A proud dad,

Darin Sargent

No comments: