Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Enjoyed the time but glad to be home!

Last week we attended the final camp meeting for the state of California and Nevada. It was a combined camp for the Western District and the newly formed So Cal District. I must say that this was one the best camps I have attended in many years. Every service had a powerful touch from God upon it and we saw many receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and many others receive miracles in their lives.

I am thankful for these times when the people of God can get together. There is nothing better than fellowship and enjoying friends that you only get to see a couple of times a year. Having friends that are of like mind and like faith is important in this journey. We are all busy - that is life! And to have those moments in your life where you can worship, pray and have fun with fellow ministers and families makes the busy times of life worth going through.

I thank God for the fellowship! I thank God for friends that will pray and seek God with me for the things that I am facing in my life and ministry.

Many say that camps are the things of the past - Bologna - They are a part of who we are and they need to continue! They are a source of encouragement, strength, friendships, and fellowship. This is just my 2 cents on the matter.

I thank God for these moments in my life.

Enjoying the journey,

Darin Sargent

4 comments:

Steven Saiz said...

I concur with your post! I enjoyed Camp Meeting and working with you on the committee. Thanks for all your hard work.

Love ya man,

Steve

iluv2prshim said...

Amen and Amen! It was good to see you and Sis. Sargent. We enjoyed the fellowship of all our friends.
Also, thanks for that www.sermonsbysargent.com It produced some great messages. LOL

Anonymous said...

Agree! This was one of the best camps I ever attended...and I've attended a lot of them. :)

Agree too about camp meetings in general. We have not outgrown them; they are extremely important to us.

Love you and your beautiful family. Can't believe Carson is 12. Seems absolutely impossible.

Tredway Tales said...

It was great seeing you and Sis. Sargent at camp meeting. Thanks for all of your help with the booth.

God Bless,

Josh Tredway