Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jr. Camp Update





I just returned from the So Cal District Jr. Camp and wow what a time. I stand amazed at how God pours out His Spirit at these camps. Close to 50 kids received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. It was awesome.

On the last night I stood in the altar and watched as over 200 kids were dancing, lost in the spirit, receiving victory and just enjoying the presence of the Lord. It got me to thinking. There is nothing like the experience of the Holy Ghost. I was raised on this experience. You cannot tell me it is not real.

In the culture and society in which we live - we need the power of the Holy Ghost like never before. It transforms lives. I am so thankful that what I experienced at camps as a kid is still being experienced today.

Thank God for dedicated men and women that take the time to see that the kids of this generation can experience the power of the Spirit of God at work in their lives.

I'll write more later.
Enjoying the experience!!

DS

5 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

AWESOME report. Thankful for what God did.

iluv2prshim said...

AWESOME!!!

Tredway Tales said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time at your Jr. Camp. Our Jr. Camp is coming up soon and we are getting excited. Candace and I are the music directors for our Jr. Camp and watching the kids worship and sing their hearts out is one of the best rewards ever. I got the email of the camp meeting booth rental form. Thanks.

Josh Tredway

Anonymous said...

Love it! Probably one of the finest things for our children is youth camp.

Love you guys...

Jana Allard said...

Love, love, love it!