Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Early Morning Sounds

I love the mornings!! For the most part, I am an early riser. There is nothing quite like that early morning feeling, that feeling that comes when the sun is peeking over the horizon, that feeling that comes when birds start their chirping - you know that before 5:30 AM feeling. I find myself in my office at home, just returned from the church and drinking my cup of joe and I start to hear the shuffling of feet and the creak of my kids beds as they start to rise for their day. Our little one is the first to rise (as always) and she comes bouncing down the stair with a big GOOD MORNING DADDY - she loves life and I am glad she does. Sure makes my life a little easier.

As I think about all this I can't help but think that God must love mornings also. The Bible says that EACH MORNING HIS MERCIES ARE NEW!! Wow!! In a world like ours that has so many limits it is hard for us to imagine that there is a God that never runs out of mercy - each and every morning His mercies start all over again. In a world that is defined by time we serve a God that never worries about the clock, you never find him stressed out over situations, He is never deterred by circumstances - each day is a brand new day for Him to do something great in our lives.

Well I better stop for now - I need a second cup!!

Enjoying the morning -
DS


this is the view I get to wake up to every morning!! awesome!!

2 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

I am not a morning person, but with a view like that...I might become one. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.