Friday, October 26, 2007

So thankful

I woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning. It was the first night in my own bed this week due to the fires around us. The first thought on my brain was how thankful I am for God's hand of protection upon our family and the Escondido church family. We are so blessed. One of our newest members of the church lives in Rancho Bernardo where a lot of the damage has been caused by the fires. I spoke with him yesterday, knowing he had to evacuate and asked how things were. He told me that the house behind him and the house beside him was destroyed but his place remains standing. Our prayers continue to go out to the many that are hurting during this time. If you read this I would ask you to pray for us that we will have God's direction in reaching out to our community during this time.

Thankful that I know HIM!

DS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you all came through with no losses.

Anonymous said...

Bro. Sargent, Thank the Lord for His protection to you all. We have been praying for all of our friends in the south land. We will continue to pray for the Lord's direction as you have asked.
God Bless!
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

We wondered about your safety and was glad to see your post on utube that your home was safe. Drop by to visit our blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Bro & Sis Sargent, I was so glad to hear your family and your church were safe. You were in my thoughts and prayers.
Sis Sargent, I will be in the area soon (after Thanksgiving). I'd love to get together. My Best, Vanessa (vanessa_saiz@mckinsey.com)