Friday, April 4, 2008

Busy Time

Well it has been over a week since I last posted on my blog. Things have been insanely busy. Sometimes you have to stop and re-prioritize life because it will get away from you if you are not careful. Life pushes us in so many directions sometimes we feel like we are standing at a New York City intersection trying to figure out which way we need to go next.

There is a scripture that I think about on these crazy occasions - BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.... All of us have got to learn to just stop long enough to know that there is a God that invites us into a closer fellowship with him. In the middle of the madness take time to BE STILL -

I just finished one of my classes back in PA and part of the post session assignment is to take a day without any electronic communication devices and untangle myself from society. The only thing I am allowed to take with me is my bible a pen and a notebook. A complete day with no email, cell phone or internet - WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? LOL

To be honest with you - I cant wait to go on this one day journey into silence. It may become a weekly event in my life. I am convinced God wants to speak to us on a more consistent basis but we are so bombarded by the voices of our culture continually that it is hard to hear what He is saying.

Trying to get untangled,


Darin S

4 comments:

Tredway Tales said...

This is a great idea. I think we should all try to go on a media fast once in a while. When we are still and find a quiet place, that is when God can speak to us. Sometimes I believe that we get too busy. My grandfather always said, when you are too busy to make time for God, you are TOO busy.

James Wilder said...

Let us know how your day goes. This is something I'd like to try out as well. When my phone broke a few weeks ago (prior to getting the iPhone) I was phone-less for two weeks. I have to say...even though people were getting cross with me for not returning calls, I found myself enjoying life a bit more. Technology has made us all "seem" busier than ever. They say the average bedtime is later for most Americans because of the internet or television. It used to be when it was dark, people got ready for bed. Not true anymore.
Be Still and Know...thanks for sharing. Just wanted to drop in and say "hello" from Sacramento.

C Hendryx said...

That truly sounds exciting and also a needed practice for an human (whether Christian or not) to participate in... I have been reading The Celebration of Discipline. Wow what an eye opening book this has been. It shows the power of meditation for the Christian. It unlocks a whole new world that has been a wonderful experience this year. Hope it went well... stop by www.interestingcurtis.blogspot.com

James Wilder said...

I guess he was serious about his "technology fast" :)